Members: Scholarships will be awarded to Veteran students at BCC, CFCC and UNCW during the first week in December 2019. You all are invited to attend the presentations and interact with the selectees on their campuses. Please see the attached schedule with details for planning purposes. If you have questions, call our Chapter VP Chrissy Sanford Scholarship Chairman at 910-619-8167 or email: email@example.com
Guidelines for SENCLAND Chapter Outreach
The Executive Board of the chapter intends to increase our involvement with veterans, veterans organizations, and military communities within our five county area, (New Hanover, Pender, Brunswick, Onslow, and Columbus). Accordingly, we have established guidelines and parameters in order to determine which organizations, activities, and individuals should be considered for outreach.
Outreach is defined as support to local military and veterans’ organizations, as well as community and civic groups that support veterans and the military.
Our support is not limited to financial but may also include chapter members donating time and talent. When considering requests for outreach, some factors we will evaluate are:
• What services to veterans does this organization provide?
• Do their services duplicate services provided by other organizations?
• What is the organization’s track record?
• What is this organization’s structure? (a local grassroots organization or a national organization with a local branch?)
• What kind of recognition will SENCLAND receive?
• How will our funds be used and over what period of time will these funds be used?
• This will be a one time contribution to the organization in most cases.
• How will this outreach maximize the use of our contribution?
• For 2019, we are budgeting $2000 for Veteran Outreach support. The Chair of Outreach / Scholarship programs may authorize the disbursement of funds for any purpose up to $500 within the scope of their program's annual budget. Disbursements in excess of this provision must be approved by the Board of Directors.
Revised Nov. 2018
Click on Download below for Application Form
SENCLAND does a lot more than what your membership fees cover. Your donation to the scholarship fund and Outreach is tax-deductible, and will help us raise budgeted amounts for 2019 scholarships and Outreach . Please indicate in remarks the amounts you desire to be designated for the JROTC scholarships and/or Outreach. Thanks in advance for your support.
This link will open in a new window.