Location and time: Long Leaf Park in Wilmington starting at 1700 in Shelter #6
SENCLAND Chapter Annual Pig Pickin’ is ON Again! We are a GO for our first live event together since March 2020 at the Long Leaf Park in Wilmington. Members are encouraged to bring potential members as guests. Details FYI:
• Date/Time: June 4th at 1700-2000
• Place: Long Leaf Park Wilmington, 314 Pine Grove Dr., Shelter #6
• Catered BBQ by Smithfield will include barbeque, fried chicken, Brunswick stew, coleslaw, dessert (Stroopwafel cookies), beverages including iced tea, soft drinks, beer, wine and water.
• Price: $25/person. Payment in advance received NLT June 1st is required so we can notify our catering business partner of expected needs.
• Payment Options: Electronic option using our Website www.sencland.org in the “News and Events” Section will process your payment. For those who desire to send payment by USPS, please send so it can be received by our Treasurer NLT June 1st. His Chapter Address is: SENCLAND Chapter of MOAA, P.O. Box 10015 Wilmington, NC 28404.
• Our program will feature recognition of JROTC Scholarship Winners and Veteran Student Scholarship recipients for 2021.
• Reconnecting with friends and new members will be a highlight since we have missed fellowship for too long.
05/03/21 17:20/ Webmaster/ Events/
You do not need a Paypl account to finalize a purchase. When you reach the Paypal screen, click "Continue" for the PayPal Guest Checkout.
News and Events: Annual Pig Pickin" is a GO for June 4, 2021 Location and time: Long Leaf Park in Wilmington starting at 1700 in Shelter #6 - $25
Ron Henderson's Presentations on WW II Campaign in the Pacific
Catalogue contains all Fall 2020 course offerings including Ron's six lectures on "Key Battles in the Pacific Campaign during WW II". Registration for OLLI cost is $30 for six months or $50 for the academic year. His course is free. Other courses are individually priced in the catalogue.
Our Chapter Hospice Program to recognize Chapter members entering Lower Cape Fear Hospice facility or receiving Hospice treatment at home, with a Veterans Recognition Ceremony is underway. The ceremony will include the presentation of a service specific lapel pin and an appropriate certificate of service. Ideally, this would be scheduled during the first few days of Hospice Care. Spouses or family members of Chapter Members admitted to Hospice Care should inform Jason Clamme at Lower Cape Fear Hospice (910-442-3000), who will coordinate with Chapter representatives to schedule the Ceremony. Chapter members are ask to notify Jim Carper (910-262-7101) or Bonnie Carper (910-762-4524) immediately upon learning of any member or spouse entering Hospice care, so that no member goes without recognition.
Anyone interested in obtaining a MOAA SENCLAND Chapter name tag can contact CAPT Allan Turner, CAPT USNR(Ret) either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 910-540-1865. The cost is $12.75. Please let Allan know how you would like your name to appear (proper name, nickname, initials, etc.), rank, branch of service, and 'retired' if applicable. Your request can typically be turned around in a few weeks time.
The SENCLAND chapter has meetings with outstanding programs ten months of the year, usually the first Tuesday of the month. The chapter meeting in June is traditionally a Pig Picking (BBQ) activity at Hugh MacRae Park in Wilmington where we include our Scholarship winners and their families. The May meeting is held in Southport. All other meetings are held at the Bluewater Grill in Wrightsville Beach. Our Board meets several times during the year. The monthly newsletter is available electronically and in hard copy and is published 10 times a year. Our chapter supports 18 local JROTC programs with leadership awards and provides scholarships each year to JROTC college bound students and assists veteran organizations locally with donations.