Advice from Surviving Spouse Liaison
Sandi Adams, Surviving Spouse Coordinator
Have you had that sit down with your spouse yet? It’s winter. It’s the first couple months of a new year. Make a date night with your sweetheart and do the following:
- Gather important papers: DD214, wills, living will, durable power of attorney, insurance policies, passwords, birth/marriage certificates, etc.
- Check all signature cards.
- Review all insurance policies.
- Make sure utilities are in BOTH names.
- Open a credit card account in a spouse's name.
- Review all investments with a financial adviser.
- Insure bank accounts are accessible.
- Gather all passwords in one place.
Sandi Adams, our Surviving Spouse Liaison, is available to answer questions or offer information about how to best prepare for "til death do us part."